The Spring ’22 Salesforce release is here! With the sheer volume of latest innovations being brought to Salesforce with this update, we’ve dug through the release notes and summarized several of our favorite features that Admins and general users should be aware of and looking forward to this year.
Enable Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) to Protect Your Org and Stay in Compliance
If you haven’t done so already, it’s important to quickly start preparing to use Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) which is a security measure that helps protect your business by safeguarding access to your Salesforce user accounts. When enabled, users can only log in to their account after providing two or more factors of information that confirm their identity: 1. Something they know like their username/password; and, 2. Something they have access to, like the Salesforce Authenticator app or a physical security key.
As of February 1, 2022, using MFA became a Salesforce contractual requirement and Salesforce plans to begin auto-enabling it between September and October 2022, for users who log in directly to Salesforce products.
There is a great amount of information about this topic to understand and some details are unique based on which Salesforce product you’re using.
We recommend reviewing this Salesforce Multi-Factor Authentication FAQ for the most up to date information about MFA and referring to this video for step-by-step instructions for how to Launch Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Auto-layout now allows for easy organization of flows with automatic spacing, alignment, and connection. Keep your canvas organized!
- Flow Trigger Explorer is here! It’s a new tool that is much more visual and interactive than the Flows list view: you can see all flows associated with a specified object or that run when a record is created, updated, or deleted.
- Now you can declaratively define the run order of flows for an object, letting you divide automations by teams or logical owners
- One of our personal favorites! With new accessibility options, you can create and edit flows using only your keyboard, and screen readers describe elements within a canvas, as well as their relative position to each other. Accessibility FTW!
- The transition to Flow Builder is coming. Begin preparation by converting your existing workflow rules to flows with the new Migrate to Flow Tool. Just remember- Flow Builder can do everything workflow rules can!
- Einstein Search is now on by default in Lightning— give your users a smarter search experience and configure natural language search filters to allow users to more quickly find results
- Profile images now appear in instant results! Quickly and easily differentiate similarly-named Users or Groups
- Einstein Discovery can now predict outcomes for multiple categories with multi class models based on customer attributes, adding a third case to the binary and numeric classification use cases that Discovery already supports. For example, Einstein Discovery can predict which level of service contract a customer is likely to order, amongst three categories
- Einstein can now attempt to detect Data Leakage — if you’re training your model with data you’re trying to predict, Einstein will notice when a predictor variable always leads to the same outcome and notify admins of a potential data leakage
- Models can now be updated without redeploying! Change your connected object or actionable variables right in Model Manager
Share Knowledge Article Links that Don’t Expire
How many times have you clicked into a knowledge article link only to realize you’re reading an old/outdated version of it? As a knowledge base grows, one of the most challenging things can often be ensuring that your team is referring to the most up-to-date versions of articles. With this release, you’ll now be able to add a ‘Copy Article Link’ button in Knowledge layouts, which will allow you to generate a link that will automatically open the latest published version of an article. So simple but very exciting for users who are working frequently in knowledge bases.
If you’d like to connect with us to learn how you can better leverage these enhancements, we’re happy to do so.